Nowadays soundproofed determines the quality of our lives to a great extent. On the one hand it protects our privacy, on the other hand it ensures we live and work peacefully. Aluminium systems in combination with the appropriate soundproofing glazing greatly ensure the soundproofing necessary for your private space.
A building's acoustics are determined by the provision of acceptable accommodation, living and working conditions for the people living and working in the building.
A set of acoustic parameters, determined by the use of special computational methods and measurements, make it possible to distinguish levels of acoustic comfort. In practice, and particularly where doors and windows are concerned, it is especially important to know the sound reduction that such a door or window may achieve, in comparison with the usual level of noise, to which the area protected by them is subject to.
According to the existing European Union regulation, the levels of maximum tolerable noise levels in buildings are specified as follows:
Some typical noise levels are as follows:
• Barely tolerable noise: 110 - 120 dΒ (aircraft engine during take-off)
• Very annoying noise: 100 dB (pneumatic drill)
• Noisy environment: 70 - 90 dB (chamber music - symphonic orchestra)
• Normal speech or music: 60 dB (average plant - noisy office & restaurant)
• Usual ambient noise: 50 dB (noisy apartment)
• Quiet: 40 dB (normal office - low volume radio music)
• Great silence: 20-30 dB (quiet residence - quiet garden)
In aluminium frames double, triple, laminated (triplex) and bulletproof glazing is used. Below is a table with the soundproofing they provide. The table values refer to measurements at a frequency of 50 Hz.
It should be taken into account that a difference to the order of 2 dB (from 34 dB to 36 dB) for normal noise pollution region practically provides double insulation.